Can Dogs Eat Honey Roasted Peanuts? When it is or isn’t an Emergency

Please note that every dog may react differently to eating honey roasted peanuts as many factors go into whether these peanuts are safe or not for dogs to ingest. Call the vet if you are ever in doubt.

Why honey roasted peanuts are unsafe for dogs

A basic recipe of honey roasted peanuts is unlikely to contain any ingredients that are toxic to dogs. That, however, doesn’t mean it’s safe for dogs to ingest them. Honey roasted peanuts may still cause problems in the dog’s gastrointestinal tract due to their sugar and fat content.

One or two honey roasted peanuts is unlikely to cause any problems. Ingesting a large amount such as a whole bag of honey roasted peanuts, however, may lead to health disorders like gastroenteritis (stomach upsets). Pancreatitis might also be a possibility if your dog has been fed a high-fat diet. Peanuts have a lot of fat content (relative to its size). Add another layer of fat from ingredients like butter and you have yourself a high-fat snack!

Some honey roasted peanuts may contain ingredients like garlic powder, which is toxic to dogs. You should be calling the vet immediately if the honey roasted peanuts do contain these “toxic” ingredients.

What to do if your dog ate honey roasted peanut

A visit to the vet may not be necessary if your dog only ate a tiny amount of honey roasted peanuts that don’t contain any toxic ingredients. You may want to keep a close eye on your dog for the next few days and make sure he is still eating, drinking, and pooping like normal. Don’t try to administer any medication without the vet’s approval.

If your dog ate a lot of honey roasted peanuts, call the vet immediately. Note down information like the amount the dog ate and how much time has passed since the dog ingested the honey roasted peanuts. This is helpful context for the vet while they examine your pet.

Disclaimer: The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a veterinarian when in doubt.


  • Anne | 15/01/2023

    I contacted a vet and they didn’t seem to concerned yet I am still freaking out about my dog eating some honey roasted peanuts. It wasn’t a large bag. She is still fine. Not showing any signs of sickness or diarrhea. Her breathing is normal. I think she ate the peanuts a few hours ago. Just want some advice from others who have gone through the same.

Leave a Reply

Contact to Listing Owner

Captcha Code