Dog Ate Mushroom Chocolates – What to Do Next

Consult the vet immediately if your dog has eaten some mushroom chocolates or chocolate shrooms. The concern isn’t just around the effects of psychedelic mushrooms. Chocolate is also toxic to dogs, especially if a dog ate a big amount.

What happens when a dog eats mushroom chocolates?

It will depend on a number of factors such as the type and amount of mushroom chocolates the dog ate. Some dogs may get away with mild symptoms if they only ate a tiny piece. Others may start to exhibit serious symptoms such as vomiting, disorientation, tremors, and dilated pupils. These symptoms may start to appear within an hour of ingestion.

The chocolate is typically a bigger concern than the mushrooms. Ingesting a high dosage of chocolate (relative to the dog’s weight) may lead to severe symptoms like muscle tremors and seizures.

What to do if your dog ate mushroom chocolates

Call the vet immediately. You should be prepared with information such as the amount of mushroom chocolates the dog ate and how much time has passed since the dog ate the mushroom chocolates. If appropriate, the vet may induce vomiting so that the chocolate shroom content is taken out before it can have any serious effect on the dog’s body. This, however, would only be effective if it has been less than an hour or two since the dog ate the mushroom chocolates.

Disclaimer: The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a veterinarian when in doubt.


Leave a Reply

Contact to Listing Owner

Captcha Code