Dog Ate a Nerf Bullet – What to Do Next

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a veterinarian when in doubt.

How dangerous the ingestion of nerf bullets is to a dog’s health will depend on a number of factors such as the dog’s size, the amount of nerf bullets ingested, and whether or not the dog chewed the nerf bullets into smaller pieces before swallowing.

What happens when a dog eats a nerf bullet

The dog may act fine at first but may eventually fall sick if the nerf bullet gets stuck somewhere along the dog’s gastrointestinal tract. Blockage, especially in the stomach and intestines, can become fatal unless it is treated promptly. The risk of this happening is lower if the dog chewed the foam gun bullets into tiny-enough pieces.

Puppies and small-breed dogs may show an immediate reaction after eating a nerf bullet. The bullets could be big enough to cause choking problems in small dogs. It may get stuck in the dog’s mouth or throat.

What to do if your dog ate a nerf bullet

This is a serious situation. Call the vet immediately. They will be able to better advise whether an emergency visit is necessary. For future reference, don’t ever play with nerf guns in the presence of dogs. It’s not just the risk of dogs swallowing the bullets. Some nerf guns are strong enough to cause injuries, especially if the bullets hit the dog’s eyes.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Contact to Listing Owner

Captcha Code