Emergency Tips for Dogs that Ate Cooked Lamb Bones

Certain types of bones, especially when they are cooked, should not be given to dogs because of the dangers they pose to the dog’s internal organs. Cooked lamb bone is one example.

Lamb bones can become fairly brittle once they are cooked and this makes it easy for dogs to chew and break the bones into smaller shards. Some of these bone pieces may end up having sharp edges and they will increase the risk of cuts forming in the dog’s mouth and internal organs.

It’s not always an emergency situation if your dog chews and eats cooked lamb bones but it is most definitely a time when you will need to observe your pooch carefully for any concerning signs and symptoms. If your dog starts to show concerning symptoms like vomiting, bloody stools, and lethargy then a trip should be booked to the vet as soon as possible.

If your dog is behaving perfectly normal then this might be a sign that the cooked lamb bones passed the dog’s digestive tract without a hitch because they were broken down into small-enough pieces.

One thing you should never do is to try and get your dog to vomit out the cooked lamb bone pieces. Trying to make your dog vomit will further increase the risks of cuts forming along the dog’s mouth and esophagus.

To help you further in understanding what is or isn’t safe for dogs to eat, we have compiled a list of human foods that dogs should and shouldn’t eat.

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.
Lamb Bone

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.