Can Dogs Eat Cotton Candy? When it is or isn’t an Emergency

Dogs shouldn’t eat cotton candy, which is basically sugar and food coloring. Nothing good will come out from this. Dogs that eat too much cotton candy at a risk of suffering from stomach upsets and other digestive problems. Dogs aren’t able to handle sugar content as well as we do.

The even bigger problem is the presence of xylitol, an artificial sweetener that is used in most if not all cotton candy recipes. Xylitol is considered toxic to dogs. Small amounts may cause symptoms like seizures and hypoglycemia.

A tiny lick of the cotton candy will most likely turn out okay but anything more may end up with the dog requiring a trip to the emergency vet. Please be careful when you eat cotton candy with your dog nearby.

Disclaimer: The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a veterinarian when in doubt.


Leave a Reply

Contact to Listing Owner

Captcha Code