Please Don’t Feed Your Dog Candy Corns

Halloween is a time when pet owners need to be on extra alert. There’s always a risk of dogs accidentally eating the candies lying around at home if trick or treat is a thing you do. One of the most common Halloween candies is the candy corn and it must be kept away from your dogs.

If you look at the ingredients of candy corn, you can see that it’s just sugar and fat. The most common ingredients used are sugar, icing sugar, butter, and syrup. These ingredients aren’t considered toxic to dogs but will cause digestive distress if a dog was to eat a large amount of candy corns.

What we haven’t mentioned yet is the possible presence of xylitol, which is considered toxic to dogs. Nothing good comes out from letting your dog eat Halloween candies so please make sure the bowl of candy corns is kept well out of your dog’s reach.

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.
Candy Corn

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published.