Dogs Can Eat Craisins in Moderation

Craisins

Raisins from grapes are toxic to dogs. Fortunately, the same doesn’t apply to dried cranberries or craisins as we call them. It’s safe for most dogs to eat a small amount of craisins as long as it’s in moderation. There are some safety tips, however, you must first follow.

First, just because a food isn’t toxic doesn’t mean it’s 100% safe for dogs to eat. For example, some dogs might be allergic to cranberries. This is why you need to be careful whenever you introduce human food to dogs. Is the first time your dog will be getting a taste of craisins? Give them a tiny amount and make sure they don’t show any concerning reactions against it.

You also need to be carefully with some of the store-bought craisins. Some of them may come with added sugar, which your dog absolutely doesn’t need. Always check the product label before you feed your dog anything that isn’t primarily designed for dog consumption.

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *