Can Dogs Eat Daisies? When it is or isn’t an Emergency

Certain flowers are off-limits to dogs and that include daisies. Dogs shouldn’t be allowed to eat any part of the daisy plant because it may contain natural chemicals that cause a harmful reaction in dogs.

How toxic daisies are to dogs will depend on a number of factors such as the type of daisy the dog ate, the size of the dog, and the amount of daisies the dog ate. Certain types of daisies may only cause mild symptoms while other may cause severe ones. Common symptoms of daisy poisoning include agitation, appetite loss, diarrhea, and vomiting.

If you think your dog ate some daisies, we would recommend calling your vet right away, even if it’s only a single daisy flower the dog ate. Treatment for daisy poisoning will vary. If it’s early enough, some vets may conduct a treatment that would help the dog vomit out the daisy content. In worst cases, an overnight stay at the vet hospital might be necessary for dogs that show concerning symptoms.

Disclaimer: The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a veterinarian when in doubt.

Comments

Leave a Reply

Contact to Listing Owner

Captcha Code