Why Dogs Shouldn’t Eat Dried Mangoes
Dogs shouldn’t eat dried mangoes because of the high sugar content. Dried mangoes aren’t considered “toxic” to dogs but that doesn’t mean they are necessarily safe for dogs to eat.
Dried mangoes tend to have a higher concentration of sugar than fresh mangoes. It will depend on the product but some brands may use additional sugars during the preservation and dehydration process.
Dogs that eat too many pieces of dried mangoes may end up with digestion problems although this is unlikely to be severe unless a dog went through a large pack of dried mangoes.
For small dogs, there is also the risk of dried mangoes increasing the risk of choking. This can happen if a small dog or puppy swallows a whole piece of dried mango without chewing it.
You can learn more about what food is or isn’t safe for dogs to eat by visiting our list of human foods for dog.