Why Dogs Shouldn’t Eat Glazed Donuts Like Krispy Kreme

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a veterinarian when in doubt.

Keep glazed donuts like Krispy Kreme away from your dog’s reach. These donuts contain an excessive amount of sugar and your dog’s stomach will have trouble handling the sugar rush. You could expect some dogs to become sick with symptoms like diarrhea and vomiting.

How sick your dog becomes will depend on how much of the glazed donut he eats and the ingredients used to make the donut. A dog may end up being fine after having a tiny bite but a whole glazed donut is likely to be a different matter.

It’s very important that you check what ingredients are used if your dog accidentally eats some glazed donuts. For example, some glazed donuts may come with chocolate, which is toxic to dogs. Other types of glazed donuts may use artificial sweeteners like xylitol, which again is also toxic to dogs.

A glazed donut incident doesn’t necessarily require a trip to the emergency vet but it wouldn’t hurt to call for advice, especially if it involved something other than a plain donut.

Comments

  • Lynda reed | 22/07/2022

    My husband has Alzheimer’s and gave some of the Krispy Kreme with chocolate glaze to my French bulldogs. Should I be worried

Leave a Reply