Dogs Should Never Eat Pizza Rolls

Pizza Roll

There are many reasons why you shouldn’t ever let your dog eat pizza rolls. The biggest reason has to do with the ingredients that pizza rolls typically contain. It’s very likely for pizza rolls to contain ingredients that are toxic to dogs, including garlic and onion. The amount in one pizza roll isn’t likely to be fatal but may still cause other harmful side effects and symptoms.

In addition to the potential inclusion of harmful ingredients, pizza rolls are full of fat and calories. They could be considered empty calories given the lack of nutritious ingredients found in common pizza rolls. Eating pizza rolls means that a dog might be less likely to eat regular dog food which is where they get their nutrients from.

Aside from not getting a well-balanced diet, dogs that eat too many fatty foods like pizza rolls are also likely to develop serious health conditions later on. Pancreatitis is one example of a health condition that can appear in dogs due to a prolonged consumption of food high in fat.

If your dog accidentally ate a pizza roll then don’t worry too much. A small amount shouldn’t cause much harm unless the dog is really small or is a puppy. If your dog ate many pizza rolls or ate pizza rolls that contain a lot of ingredients (that are harmful to pets) then please contact the vet for advice.

Disclaimer: The content on is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *