Don’t Let Your Dog Eat Pumpkin Skin

Pumpkin

A small amount of pumpkin could be good for dogs but the same doesn’t apply to the pumpkin skin. The skin should always be removed before pumpkin is served to a dog. The main reason for this is due to the skin being hard to digest.

Dogs that end up swallowing large pieces of pumpkin skin may end up with stomach or intestinal issues. In the worst case scenarios, the pumpkin skin may become a choking or obstruction hazard. Some dogs may end up with symptoms like constipation, loss of appetite, or even diarrhea. The same applies to the stem. Make sure the dog is only eating the flesh of the pumpkin.

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *