Dogs Should Never Eat Starburst Candies

Starburst

As Halloween season rolls in, it’s an important reminder to all pet owners that candies should be kept out of your pet’s reach. Starburst is one example of candies and sweets that dogs should not be allowed to eat. Here’s why.

Technically speaking, Starburst candies aren’t considered toxic to dogs. If you look at the ingredients used, Starburst candies don’t contain anything that’s considered heavily dangerous to dogs. The unhealthy part is the amount of sugar the candies contain. Dogs that eat too many Starburst sweets may end up with temporary digestive problems like stomach upsets and diarrhea. It might also explain why your dog’s stomach is making strange sounds from time to time.

A trip to the emergency vet may not be required as long as it’s an isolated incident or as long it doesn’t involve a huge amount of candies. Dog owners need to keep note that it isn’t just the candy that they need to worry about. The Starburst candy wrappers also pose a major health risk to dogs.

Starburst candy wrappers are made of wax paper and this material could potentially cause blockage or obstructions in the dog’s digestive tract, especially if it involves a small-sized pet. With candies, please take extra precaution in making sure it’s stored well out of your dog’s reach. This includes other popular candies and sweets like candy corn, peppermint candy, and more.

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *