Don’t Let Your Dog Eat Boba or Tapioca Pearls

Bubble Tea

Boba (bubble tea) or the tapioca pearls that they contain isn’t considered toxic to dogs but that doesn’t mean you should allow your furry friend to eat them at will. Tapioca is essentially starch from the roots of the cassava plants. While it isn’t toxic, dogs that eat too many tapioca pearls may end up with mild stomach problems like constipation.

The stomach problems don’t stop there. Boba, in general, contains a lot of sugar and of course milk. Dogs, as you may already know, can be lactose intolerant so letting them slurp some bubble tea isn’t going to make their stomach any better. So far, we have only been considering the general ingredients of boba. These days, bubble tea comes in all shapes and forms so it’s possible for the beverage to contain other additives that aren’t healthy for pets.

Don’t worry too much though if your dog accidentally has some boba. In most cases, your dog will be fine or may temporarily suffer from mild side effects if they had a bit too much. You may, however, want to watch over your dog carefully for the next day or two and make sure he has plenty of access to clean drinking water in case he shows more serious symptoms.

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *