Marigolds are Mildly Poisonous to Dogs

Marigold

Marigolds are poisonous to dogs. These flowers can cause mild irritation to a dog’s gastrointestinal tract when ingested. The sap of the marigold plant may also cause irritations to the dog’s skin so it’s important to keep these flowers away from your dog’s reach.

Compared to other plants that are toxic or poisonous to dogs, marigolds are considered to have a mild toxicity level. Due to the irritations in the gastrointestinal tract, you may notice several symptoms from an affected dog, including vomiting, drooling, and diarrhea.

Ingesting marigolds isn’t considered fatal but we would still recommend you visit the vet for further diagnosis. It may also help to bring along a plant sample to make it easier for the vet to diagnose the dog’s condition.

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *