Sevin Dust isn’t Safe for Dogs

Pest Control

Sevin dust is a popular product that gardeners use to control pests in the garden bed. Dog owners, however, should be extra careful when they use pest control products such as Sevin dust.

Sevin dust uses a chemical called carbaryl as an active ingredient. As it states on the product label, humans or animals that accidentally ingest or inhale the powder may suffer from a variety of symptoms. Common symptoms of carbaryl or Sevin dust poisoning may include excessive salivation, vomiting, and muscle weakness. It may also cause damage to the lungs if a dog was repeatedly expose to the insecticide.

Exposure to Sevin dust could be limited by making sure the dog isn’t allowed out to the treated area until the application has fully settled. That said, we would avoid using chemical insecticide whenever possible to treat pest issues. If you suspect that your dog is suffering from carbaryl poisoning then please take him to the emergency vet as soon as possible or call animal poison control for proper medical advice.

Disclaimer: The content on MyPetChild.com is for informational purpose only. It is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your veterinarian when in doubt.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *