Dog Swallowed a Squeaker Toy – What to Do Next

Squeakers are one of the most common foreign objects that cause obstruction in a dog’s digestive tract. Here’s what you should do if your dog managed to take out and swallow a squeaker from a toy.

What to do if your dog swallowed a squeaker

First off, call the vet. There is a strong chance your dog might need surgery. The squeaker will most likely get stuck somewhere along the dog’s gastrointestinal tract. Intestinal blockage is a serious problem and can be fatal if it isn’t treated promptly. It can take many hours before your dog starts to show signs of trouble. Common symptoms include a loss of appetite, vomiting, bloating, and abdominal pain.

Will my dog poop out a squeaker?

Your dog might get super lucky. The squeaker might pass along the dog’s digestive tract and come out the other end without causing any obstruction. This is more likely if the dog chewed the squeaker into smaller pieces before swallowing. Large dogs may also get lucky if they only ate a small piece of a plastic squeaker. You, however, shouldn’t bet on this happening as it can take a while for the squeaker to pass through the dog’s body. You must consult with the vet if you don’t see any signs of the squeaker within 12 to 24 hours of consumption.

Disclaimer: The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional veterinarian advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of a veterinarian when in doubt.


Leave a Reply

Contact to Listing Owner

Captcha Code