The number of pet surrenders is increasing as more and more pet owners struggle to maintain the income needed to care for their pets. Our goal is to stop this from happening and to keep families together. MyPetChild.com is an online resource for financially-struggling pet owners. We help pet owners connect with organizations that offer pet financial assistance, whether that's through subsidizing vet bills or giving free pet food and supplies.
The appearance of blood and mucus in a dog’s vomit may indicate there is a lot of irritation somewhere along the dog’s digestive tract.
Glow sticks and glow jewelry have the potential to cause harm. The main risk comes from the irritation caused by the substance inside the glow stick.
Swallowing band aids increases the risks of choking and intestinal blockage.
Absorbent meat pads can be a great danger to dogs when ingested. The main problem is with intestinal blockage and choking.
Foxtails are more dangerous than most dog owners believe. Their sharp tips can get embedded inside the dog’s body and cause a lot of harm.
The ingestion of Kong toys may introduce health risks like choking and bowel obstruction.
Rubber balls can pose a health threat to dogs if they were to accidentally ingest them. The main risk is with blockage and choking.
Paint can be extremely dangerous to dogs. How dangerous it is will depend on a number of factors like the type and amount of paint ingested.
Hair ties and scrunchies can be dangerous to dogs when swallowed. They have the potential to cause blockage and choking.
Christmas tree needles, whether they are real or fake, have the potential to cause problems in the dog’s gastrointestinal tract.
The ingestion of poison ivy may lead to gastrointestinal symptoms like vomiting and diarrhea due the presence of an irritating compound called urushiol.
How dangerous the ingestion of cotton balls is will depend on a number of factors such as the amount of cotton balls the dog ate.
Candle may contain materials and ingredients that are toxic to pets, such as essential oil and fragrance.
Balloons can be dangerous when they are ingested by dogs. The main risks are with choking and blockage.
Monstera plants are toxic to dogs due to the presence of calcium oxalate crystals in the sap.
The string of a rope toy can be dangerous to dogs if it was ingested. It may lead to problems like choking and obstruction in the dog’s digestive tract.